Lisa S. Katz, Esq.
Lisa Spivack Katz is an experienced attorney licensed to practice in New York. Her practice focuses on estate planning, elder law, estate and trust administration, and services for small businesses.
After receiving undergraduate degrees from both The Wharton School and the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Pennsylvania, Ms. Katz attended Fordham University School of Law, from which she received her legal degree.
Ms. Katz’s practice focuses on strategic counsel and advocacy in the areas of estate planning, elder law and Medicaid planning, and estate and trust administration. She advises in all aspects of these specialties, including wills, trusts, estate planning and advance directives such as powers of attorney, health care proxies and living wills.
As a cancer survivor, Ms. Katz has an intimate understanding of the importance of wills, estate planning and advance directives, as well as the legal and emotional intricacies that surround them. She brings this knowledge, as well as empathy, to her current practice.
Ms. Katz has worked as a corporate and securities attorney both at prestigious New York City law firms and in-house at multi-national corporations, representing clients in all manner of business transactions, corporate compliance and SEC matters. Much of her work required financial understanding and inquiry, which extends to her current practice in estate planning, elder law and financial and business matters.
Ms. Katz has worked as in-house counsel at Universal American Corp., where she served as the company’s General Counsel, Corporate Secretary and Chief Ethics Officer, at Imclone Systems, where she served as the Company's Associate General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary, and at The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc. where she served as the company’s Associate General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary. Ms. Katz is well versed in advising Boards of Directors, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers and financial, treasury and investor relations divisions on all aspects of corporate and securities laws and related matters.
Areas of Practice
- Wills, Living Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Guardianship
- Gifting and Estate Tax Limitation Strategies
- Probate and Estate/Trust Administration
- Elder Law
- Securities Law and other public company Corporate issues
- Business Law
- Business Organization and Choice of Entity
- Corporate Governance
- Human Relations
- New York, 1995
- Fordham University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Science in Finance
- College of Arts and Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts in English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester Women's Bar Association